The world of fertility medicine is a constantly changing and improving field, due largely to innovative pioneers with the commitment to push forward the boundaries of our knowledge. Without their passion, drive and determination the founders of IVF treatment would never have succeeded in creating the treatments that we take for granted today.
At Trinidad & Tobago IVF & Fertility Centre our Research Department takes an active role in conducting clinical trials to understand the unique issues faced by T&T couples with fertility difficulties and to look at new ideas and treatments that might benefit all patients worldwide.
Our current research studies include:
- Male fertility in Trinidad and Tobago. A detailed research study analyzing sperm morphology in Trinidad and Tobago
- An analysis of AMH as a predictor of fertility potential in Caribbean women. Prospective assessment of AMH levels and fertility potential in egg donor recruits.
- National study of the incidence and causes of female fertility problems in Trinidad and Tobago
- A study of the effects of lubricants on sperm function
- ZIKA virus and how long it lives in semen
For full details on current reseach projects please contact the clinic or check our facebook page.